• Velma Kelly: Female, 25-40 (Range: Alto, E3-D5)
Vaudville performer who is accused of murdering her sister and husband. Hardened by fame, she cares for no one but herself and her attempt to get away with murder.
• Roxie Hart: Female, 20-35 (Range: Mezzo-Soprano, F3-B4)
Reads and keeps up with murder trials in Chicago, and follows suit by murdering her lover, Fred Casely. She stops at nothing to render a media storm with one goal: to get away with it.
• Matron "Mama" Morton: Female, 30-50 (Range: Alto, F#3-Bb4)
Leader of the prisoners of Cook County Jail. The total essence of corruption. Accepts bribes for favors from laundry service to making calls to lawyers. “When you’re good to Moma, Moma’s good to you.”
• Billy Flynn: Male, 35-50 (Range: Baritone, Bb2-G4)
Established lawyer who hasn’t lost a woman’s case yet. Master of media manipulation who will get a girl off the hook as long as she can fork up the hefty $5,000 fee.
• Amos Hart: Male, 30-50 (Range: Baritone, C3-F#4)
Roxie’s faithful husband. Lies for her and tries to take the blame until he realizes that he has been two- timed by Roxie. Still in love with her, or misguided, he believes anything she says in her pursuit to get out of jail.
• Mary Sunshine: Female, 25-55 (Range: Soprano, Bb3-Bb5)
Sob sister reporter from the Evening Star. Believes there is a little bit of good in everyone and will believe anything she is fed that matches her beliefs.
• Go-To-Hell-Kitty: Female, 21-40 (Range: Ensemble, A3-C#5)
Steals the spotlight when she Murders her husband along with three other woman. Her crimes are labelled “Lake Shore Drive Massacre.”
• Liz: Female, 17-50 (Range: Ensemble, A3-C#5)
Prisoner at Cook County Jail. She is imprisoned after shooting two warning shots into her husband’s head.
• Annie: Female, 17-50 (Range: Ensemble, A3-C#5)
Prisoner at the Cook County Jail. Murder’s her lover after finding out he already has six wives. “One of those Mormons, ya’ know.”
• June: Female, 17-50 (Range: Ensemble, A3-C#5)
Prisoner at Cook County Jail. After her husband accuses her of screwing the milk man, he mysteriously runs into her knife ten times.
• Hunyak: Female, 25-45 (Range: Non-Singing Role)
Hungarian Prisoner at Cook County Jail. The only English she speaks is the phase, “Not Guilty.” Which follows her to her grave.
• Mona: Female, 17-50 (Range: Ensemble, A3-C#5)
Prisoner at Cook County Jail. Murders her lover after he has a round of affairs with other woman, and an occasional man. I guess you could say it was “artistic differences.”
• Martin Harrison: Male, 35-55 (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible)
Ensemble member who doubles as the Master of Ceremonies at times.
• Fred Casely: Male, 30-50 (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible) Roxie’s short lived lover. Murdered for trying to leave Roxie.
• Sergeant Fogarty: Male, 30-60 (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible)
Assigned to Roxie’s case. After asking the right questions, he manages to get Roxie to confess.
• Harry: Male (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible)
Murdered by Go-To-Hell Kitty for sleeping around with three women behind her back.
• Judge: Male, 40-65 (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible) Judge overseeing Roxie’s Trial.
• Court Clerk: (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible)
Swears people in with their hand on the bible. “Blah, Blah, Truth, Truth. So help-you God.”
• Aaron: (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible)
Court appointed lawyer for Hunyak. Tries to get her to confess to speed along the trial.
Six dancers required